Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Were back online

So WE HAVE INTERNET again. I went into the store yesterday first of all I felt as usual that I was walking in on someones private residence cause neither of the ladies working there said a thing to me as I walked in they threw me a side glance then went back to talking to each other and working on something on the computer, so I introduced myself and said look it has been a month since our internet has been down and you guys have promised to come out several time and then did nothing ( the annoyed customer), then I said the internet is the only way we can keep in touch with those that we love from home ( the puppy dog face and all), ( I thought I would try a few different methods for getting what I wanted) the employees apologized and said that they had been busy but there was no excuse for a month of waiting. They called the technician and said kindly. He will be there within the hour. (back track for a second, we had already figured out that the router that blew was worthless so we paid for a new one like two weeks ago and the only thing that is left to do is for the technician to bring it to our house and set it up) One of the employees even showed a sign of customer service by asking for my cell so that she could call and make sure that he arrived within the hour. Two and a half hours later I called up and asked what was up. The lady said "oh, he is still at another house he will come". I asked come tomorrow, today? I don't think that she liked my question because then she said "today" and hung up. OHHHHH it took all that I could not to call back and teach her a bit about customer service. I had to go back to my days at covenant studying cultural differences. I remembered that her saying "within the hour" could really be within the next 8 hours and "today" could really mean next week, literally because they have such a different since of time. Also it is not that they are trying to be dishonest, they just want to make me happy so they tell me what I want to hear. To make this story shorter I will just go ahead and say, after three more calls two more promises that he was going to come, a night of rest trying not to get angry or give up on the internet all together WE NOW HAVE INTERNET and not only that, because they were out of the router that we had paid for they brought us a wireless one. I also have to just throw in there that from the time that the technician got to our hour to the time that he headed out the door it was no more than 10 minutes. I ask, why in the world did it take so long for him to get over here but since I have no answer and I'm sure I never will, I will just be ok with it and thank the Lord for the fact that we even have internet here when for so many people in the past and even in the present internet is not even a possibility. I will also pray really hard that nothing goes wrong with the internet.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah!!! We are so glad you are back online. We enjoy reading your blog, and will try to do better at keeping in touch.

Abigail said...

yay! you're back!

EmileeHope said...

I am so glad you have internet again and can now be "connected" with the rest of the world! Welcome back!! It is great to hear about all that is going on with you since I hardly ever get to talk to you!! I love you!!

Andysbethy said...

I am so glad you have the internet back. We will just focus on the positive, and be happy!

Daniel & Heidi Hicks said...

So good to hear from y'all! Travis, we tried calling you on your b-day, but couldn't get through. Hopefully, we can talk soon! Love y'all!

Anonymous said...

lET'S SEE IF THIS WORKS...
Hope you are doing great... miss you and love you both. MOM