Thursday, October 23, 2008

Catching up

I thought that I should try to catch up a bit on what we have been up to.

We were able to go out to the Seesee Islands with some friends of ours who work with the Baptist Mission. The islands are in Lake Victoria about a three hour boat ride from Entebbe. The ride out itself was awesome! Combine huge body of water, a little wind and a small boat and it equals fun fun fun, at least I think so. We were tossing here and there and were absolutely drenched by the time we got there. Way better that Six flags if you ask me.
Once we were there we visited some of the fishing villages they minister in and I got to play for a few hours with some precious little kids. We took a hike (also the trail that the kids hike everyday to get to school, 45 minutes or so) on the main island that we stayed on and see the view from the top.


We went fishing several times but had absolutely NO bites until finally Travis pulled in a 30 pound Nile Perch. It was HUGE and really yummy when fried. According to Ricky and Brenda ( the missionaries) it was a little guy. They have caught ones upwards of 160 pound.

We also were in Nairobi for a few days. We flew a plane over for some maintenance. It was one of the most beautiful flights I have ever been on. We flew over countless Island in lake Vic that were just amazing and then once we got into Kenya the view was gorgeous. The land is so fertile, and there were parts where the earth just rolls then suddenly it just drops straight down into a huge valley. Our time in Nairobi was great!!! We stayed in a Baptist guest house and it was like being at home it was so comfortable. We even had a kitchen so we could cook for our selves. Some of my favorites about the trip were...
~Bagels and strawberry milkshakes at Java house

~Put put yes put put at Village Market

~Hanging out with AIM Air people, great company, great employees

~Going to the Nairobi National game park, Giraffes are hilarious and I love them


And the best off all was when we were flying out of Nairobi, my face was plastered to the window to catch as much of the view as possible when suddenly there was a cloud under us but it didn't ruin the view because I saw the coolest thing ever. I could see the shadow of our plane on the cloud and encircling the planes shadow was a rainbow. I felt God promising that he is and will always be surrounding us with his protection. This was especially encouraging to me since Travis and I are in Prayer right now asking the Lord to direct us to where he wants us to go next. We will be wrapping up with Air Serv Limited in Uganda in mid December. While we were in Nairobi we were able to Meet up with people from Aim Air ( a Christian mission aviation group) and we are really impressed with the mission but are also considering many other job opportunities and waiting on God to give us the go ahead for which one he can use us at best. A reminder that He is all around us and taking care of us really lifted my Spirits and reminded me once more that all the concerns that we have are best off in His hands.

1 comment:

Andysbethy said...

That fish is awesome! I also love the Giraffe pictures. They really are beautiful. I love seeing pictures of what you are doing, and the beautiful places and things you are getting to see. I usually hear the stories from Mom, but I love to see the pictures on here.
Love ya!