Thursday, January 15, 2009

Monkey buisness

Mare remember when we used to carry those silly little stuffed monkeys around with us? Well last week I got to experience our dream come true. I got to see what it was like to have a pet monkey. Travis and I went to a MAF (Missionary Aviation Fellowship) pilots house to pick up a few things for a friend and as soon as we pulled in to the driveway I knew we would be there for a while. First two cute little dogs came out to greet us which were followed by a soaking wet (supposedly he likes to take an occasional swim in the tub) little MONKEY. Now I have seen a tun of monkeys while living in Uganda but they are the annoying Vervet monkeys which are completely untameable and to be honest just plain yucky. They poop all over the yard and try to get into things but anyways back to my dream come true monkey. He was a little Red Tailed monkey whose name was Sheeta (which means something like trouble). He was one of the cutes things I've ever seen, full of trouble yes but also full of fun. I got most of the pics outside but it was inside for the next three hours that I really fell in Love. The little guy got into everything and literally swung from the chandeliers but it was so adorable when he did it. In one of the pictures you can see him trying to get a drink from Travis's Mountain dew bottle. He would come and sit on my shoulder and them swing from my arm to jump on the back of one of the dogs and take a ride until the dog could knock him off. It was three ours of pure entertainment. I can't leave out the amazing couple who take care of him. They were SOOOOO kind and ended up feeding us the yummiest vegi Lasagna that I have ever put in my mouth. They have been Missionary pilots for over twenty-five years and are real troopers. We really enjoyed their company and are looking forward to getting to hang out again with them and enjoy the chaos of their littlest family member.


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Carrie said...

So when will you be getting your own?! How do go about it anyway...do they sell them at the pet stores there or do they just catch one or what?

EmileeHope said...

How ADORABLE!!! He is such a cutie-pie!! What a neat experience, but I don't think I could actually live with a monkey full time-I don't even think I could like with a dog as a pet, so I am sure the monkey would be getting into MUCH more trouble!!! What a neat thing to have experienced for you-Mare will be jealous!

Harris Happenings said...

He is so cute. I especially like the pic of him drinking the Mountain Dew.

Andysbethy said...

Well, I was never into Monkeys like you and Mary, but I will admit that he is pretty cute.
I want to know more about the veggie lasagna. That is what I am making for supper tonight, and I need a new recipe - I am bored with mine!
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

the cumputor sometimes doesn't work here at the beach house so I thought I would write on this while it was working. we are great, Flavia is still a great girl. Her whole family is here today. Em and I are still dealing with too much sun. I guess it is just more intense here. love ya lots, MOM

Andysbethy said...

I just wanted to let you know that I gave you an "award" on my blog today. Just drop by to see it, and pass it along.
Hugs to you both!