Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Obama's in the House (well plane in my case)

Yesterday I flew over to Nairobi to spend some time with the AIM Air finance and bookings offices to learn a bit more about those areas and how I can help run them in Entebbe. It was an early flight and I was shocked to see that President Obama was heading over in the same plane. People were going crazy!!!! Getting pictures with him, shaking his hand and so on. It was funny to see how many fans he has from different countries his biggest of course was the guy who brought him with, you see he was a life size cardboard cut out. Yes, this man was taking a life size cardboard cut out with him, not checking him in mind you carrying him by hand. When he handed Obama to the flight attendant to be stowed away in a special compartment, I didn't think he was going to coup with the separation. this isn't the only example of the Obama craze over here. I have seen taxi's and t-shirts sporting President Obama and i can't tell you how many people off the street try to talk politics with me trying to convince me of what a great guy he is and NO ONE missed the inauguration. It all Just makes me laugh so much I thought Y'all might enjoy it as well!!!

2 comments:

EmileeHope said...

That is funny! I got a picture of mom with a VOTE FOR OBAMA t-shirt posted on a sign in Brazil and people we talked to were the same way. EVERYONE is in love with Obama. America needs the love-I am tired of being the country everyone else seems to hate, so maybe this will be good for our relationship with the rest of the world!! (Also funny story about carry-ons, there was a college group heading out from the ATL airport at the same time mom and I left and one of the girls was bringing a little troll/dwarf statue (like the Priceline mascot) with her. I guess she takes it with her whenever she travels!

Harris Happenings said...

You had me believing that you were actually on the plane with him. How funny. Oh, the blue writing on the black background is very hard to read for old eyes like mine. The white shows up much better.