Tuesday, February 10, 2009

More pics from Sudan

All the kids trailed off carrying the boxes that we had brought for the clinic that is in the village of Duke

Refueling in Rumbeck. I thought this was quit a sight, the fuel pulled around by a tractor. I think the beat up pick up in Arua sifening the fuel out of drums beats this. I'm sure Travis,or some of the pilots who have been flying here for ages would probably tell me I haven't seen anything yet :)


We overnighted with some missionaires near the town of Mawlecon. The first picture is Zachary this little guy cracked me up. When we first showed up he came right over to me and shook my hand with a huge smile on his face. I thought it was funny that a little two and a half year old would think about shaking hands. I later found out that the Dinka (Sudanese tribe) greet everyone by shaking hands. Since they live with the Dinka and almost like them (VERY simply) its no wonder. Still cute though.


This is Samuel. He is the big brother to Zachary. These two reminded me so much of Canaan and Zion. The onder one talked non stop and the little guy just had his own language. The little guy was also a cuddle bug like Zi.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Andysbethy said...

I'm glad you got some "little boy time" since you don't get to see my boys too often. They look to be close to the same age as my boys too - and nothing has changed here. Canaan still talks non-stop, and Zi still has his own language!

Anonymous said...

These pictures are amazing. You guys are an inspiration.