Tuesday, April 14, 2009

STALKER

Yesterday as Travis and I casually took the trash to the dumpster I saw him. I'm sure he saw me too, the seemingly harmless Mzungu. It was a normal day in Uganda, rain in the morning and bright blistering sun in the afternoon. All looked the same down to random children walking down the street until I saw it... "EAT MORE CHICKEN" it said. Eat what? There is only one place, one blessed place on this planet that uses that slogan. YES, CHICK-FIL-A. I whipped out my camera and tried to sneak a photo but he was gone. Vanished behind the dumpster.


"After them", I say to Travis. I can't help myself this time, I normally try not to be a tourist but this I could not pass. This was the one and only Chick-fil-a t-shirt I have ever seen sported in Uganda, and we see a LOT of random t-shirts around here.


BUSTED. Just as we approached the victims to try to sneak in a photo they turned and my plan is revealed. There was only one thing to do now. It was tough, it meant surrendering my pride and turning myself in for who I really am. An American who thinks Uganda is hilarious, in other words a tourist with a camera. I rolled down my window and returned their quizzical brows with a smile and say "can I take your picture?" It was totally worth bringing myself down to that level. Not only did I get a picture of the t-shirt but look how cute that little guy is.


Got to put the picture with big bro in to because he was such a good sport about the CRAZY Mzungu.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

EmileeHope said...

LOVE IT!!!! Don't forget to be very touristy (if that is a word!) these last few weeks you are there because I want to see a ton of pictures of what life is like there!! luv ya!!

Carrie said...

That is PRECIOUS!!!!!

Andysbethy said...

Oh, you are so very cute! (and so are those boys!)
I think that CFA might have to be our first stop after getting you from the airport!
I can hardly wait!!!

Anonymous said...

I bet CFA would love this story...Soooo excited for you to come home and eat CFA with us.