Friday, May 2, 2008

Karibu Sana!



Hello Everyone!

Welcome to our blog. It might have been a while since we have communicated with many of you, and you might not even be aware of the path our lives have taken. Last November Kelsey and I began dating, and on March 3rd we were engaged while on a visit to South Africa. We first met many years ago while in elementary school as a result of our parents friendship, and their mutual interest in foreign missions. In early 2004 Kelsey and I were reacquainted with one another, and developed a very close friendship which we have maintained over the last several years. We consider ourselves incredibly BLESSED to be joining paths to serve the Lord wherever he calls. Kelsey and I will be getting married on May 24th. Shortly after, we will be moving to Entebbe, Uganda were I will continue working with Air Serv. I have been working with Air Serv International as a pilot since mid December 07 in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

We have created this blog to enable us to easily communicate with friends and family. Although we may be separated by great distances, we can still share special moments in our lives as we daily seek to walk in complete trust and obedience to the Lord. Kelsey and I are very excited about embarking on this lifelong adventure together. God has truly blessed us beyond measure!

Yours Truly,
Travis & Kelsey

8 comments:

Tim Harris said...

Wooohooo!!! Travis and Kelsey are gettin' married!!!!! I am so excited for y'all. I love ya'll.

Daniel & Heidi Hicks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daniel & Heidi Hicks said...

YAY! I love your blog and am so excited you have one now! Can't wait for the wedding!! Love y'all!!

Andysbethy said...

Travis, I am so glad you have taken the initiative to start a blog for the two of you. Kelsey hasn't updated her personal one in FOREVER! This is going to be a great way to keep all of us "stateside" updated on your adventures. I am so excited for our families to be joined. Much love to both of you, Bethany

Unknown said...

Those engagement pictures are truly priceless! I am so glad I will be able to read about your adventures as newlyweds together in Africa. Don't forget to post the funny stories too!
I have been checking Kelsey's blog off and on, and her old title is so fitting to right now too:
"Time is ticking away." Congratulations...can't wait to see your beautiful wedding!

Andysbethy said...

I finally went to your blog. The wedding was a great and beautiful occasion!!! (the cleanup is no fun though) ha ha.... Have a great time on the honeymoon can't wait to see you next week... love, mom and dad
ps. check bethany's blog for pictures

Andysbethy said...

ok guys it's time to update mom (i'm using bethany's blog so this will say it's from her but it's not)

Unknown said...

so...I wonder whatever happened to the new Harris family?!