Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Our house






Our house is really looking like a home now especially since the recent addition of curtains in the Kitchen and some wall hangings in the living room and bedroom that help to fill up the blank white walls. Almost all the walls in the house are white and therefor extremely plain. It has been a fun challenge trying to find ways to cheaply fill up the walls. Surprisingly wall hangings, baskets, pictures, frames and other African crafts are way more expensive than I expected then to be. Since we are probably just going to be here for a year it would be silly to spend too much on decorating the house. From my experience in other countries you can buy things at markets for pretty cheap if you know how to bargain. Sometimes you even walk into a market and the people practically chase you and save you the effort of trying to bargain by selling it to you for an unbelievable price. Here they are not like that, some people don't even want to bargain at all and you know that they are charging you way too much. You try to offer a price and they bluntly say no and then you try the walk away strategy which normally works in other countries and they turn around and walk away to. Not to much fun. But none the less I have been able to get some things to help to make our house look more like a home.


Here are some pictures...


7 comments:

Andysbethy said...

It is beautiful! I wish I could come see it in person. Be sure to take pictures all the time, of all the important things you see and do.
I love you!

Unknown said...

You have done a great job making your house truly "homey." I love the colors and it is just perfect!

Anonymous said...

KELSEY, IT LOOKS GORGEOUS!!
All you Binkley girls have such awesome decorating skills! I will bet you 20 bucks that my first house will not be anywhere near that perfect and I'll be living in the States! :)
Your home is absolutely beautiful. I especially love your kitchen!

- Kelli Belle

Daniel & Heidi Hicks said...

Love your adorable house! Y'all have done a great job decorating...it looks like a home ;-) miss y'all!!

EmileeHope said...

Hey Kels! I love the house!! We need to try to work out a time when we can try to chat again on Skype. I heard your power has been out a lot lately, but it would be nice to say hello, especially now that I have a camera for my computer too! Love ya and hope you have a great day(night?)-whatever time it is!! -Emilee

Sherie said...

I love the pictures of your home. Miss you.

Anonymous said...

So glad to see another post... I love checking in on you. Miss you lots!!
Julie